Wednesday, 21 September 2011

Gays and Lesbians to Serve Openly as 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Repealed

Well, we'll see how this works out.

Kind of surprising how it was announced out of the blue. Yeah, we've had the debate on open integration for some time, but the Pentagon's been working on today's announcement for months, so it's gay integration by stealth.

3 comments:

LifeoftheMind said...

The answer as to how it will work out is badly. Every homosexual already in the service has broken their oath and the law. Every officer, like the Navy LT who gleefully got married today, is known to his chain of command, including the enlisted members who are expected to follow orders even unto their own deaths, as being a liar.

This is not like the racial integration under President Truman. There was nothing in law preventing any citizen from serving because of their race and no one had to lie to get into uniform. When a black, back then they'd have said negro, officer gave an order there was no excuse that any southern white boy could use to justify disobedience. With these homosexuals who practiced subterfuge to get into their positions of authority it is very different.

Finally the people who shoved this thing onto the military have no idea as to the conditions that 18 and 19 year olds live under in the military. Placing an open homosexual in such a position will mean one of two things. First they can be the junior with no privacy displaying their sexuality as inappropriately as would a man placed in a woman's berthing area or a girl in the men's. Second they could be in a position of authority while displaying a sexual interest. For anyone already in the service that raises the credibility issues mentioned above.

Toejam said...

Water seeks its own level.

Statistics indicate that per population about 10% of the population is "gay".

So if that follows in the military then the 90% straight warfighters will soon assist the other 10% back into the "don't ask-don't tell mode one way or the other.

Anonymous said...

The complete lack of integrity on the part of those arguing for throwing the doors wide open to homosexuals is evident by their inability to even be honest in what DADT was and was not.

In their arguments, DADT was what barred homosexuals from serving openly.

In truth, prior to DADT, it was a criminal charge to be caught being homosexual while in the service.

-Grimmy