Friday, 9 December 2016
Samuel Langhorne Clemens (known to most as Mark Twain) was not only a humorist and author, but outspoken in his social commentary which TPTB didn't much appreciate then, and even less so now.*
- How some things never CHANGE, and when they do...it's not always for the better.
Mark Twain famously said: "If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed."
ABOUT THAT CHANGE.
The signs were there, if you looked closely. It began with the MSM's "false, but could be true" debacle re: Bush's National Guard service.
- By 2008, it was clear that "journalism" in America was dead.
- Remember the FAKE meme promoted by the MSM "Hands up, don't shoot" (yeah, that never happened)?
- Now in 2016 (have I said "thank you Wikileaks" yet?) we know the corpse of American "journalism" has thoroughly rotted.
Putting the point on it, the MSM has accomplished the worst of BOTH worlds that Twain addressed. Today, if you get your news from the MSM you are uninformed AND misinformed.
- For real FAKE NEWS turn to the MSM professionals!
Cultural Marxists are notoriously humorless, and dimwitted. Here's just one "PC" example:
- A Virginia public school system has banned [read: censored free speech] Twain's book "The Adventures of Hucklebarry Finn" because the Mother of a HS "special snowflake" found the language offensive. She, and the Accomack Cty School system personify DIMWITTED by having entirely "missed" the anti-racist thesis of the novel, and for any normal person who has ever read the book and not only found it funny, but openly laughed at parts of it, we need not pursue further how grimly HUMORLESS these anti-free speech Cultural Marxists and "Book Nazis" are.
From Theo Spark at 11:46